المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Visualization Work - more about Visualization

A7med Baraka
06-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Visualization Work

I run private visualization workshops for groups and offer one-to-one sessions at my St Andrews practice. I am also a tutor for Bristol City Council Adult Learning Service teaching 6-week visualization classes at Stoke Lodge Community Education Centre in Stoke Bishop, Bristol.

What is visualization?

Visualization is a form of guided relaxation. I will at first make sure that you feel comfortable in your chair and then ask you to close your eyes. You will then be invited to use your imagination to visit a beautiful place following my voice with gentle, calming music playing in the background.

Can anyone visualize?

Yes! If you still have doubts, try closing your eyes now and think about a particular room in your house or your garden maybe. What sort of furniture or flowers can you see? If you are able to do this then you are already visualizing!

What are the benefits of using visualization?

After a visualization session people can feel a sense of well being and calm. It can help in reducing stress and anxiety and can aid in a person being able to access their own inner healing energy to relieve pain and lift their spirit.

Who uses visualization?

All sorts of people use visualization. Athletes use visualization to enhance their performance. It has been discovered that when we imagine something happening and see it in our mind, the same neurons in our brain are activated as when we are physically doing that very same thing. This also happens in a negative way of course when, for example, we get butterflies in our stomach when we think about the impending driving test or visit to the dentist! We can use this same technique to work in our favour.

Some doctors and psychologists use visualization (they refer to it as psychoneuroimmunology) with their patients to help boost their immune system. They believe this helps a person use their own inner resources to fight diseases alongside conventional medicine.

Some people just set aside a quiet time every day and use visualization to help them unwind and relax.

If you have an imminent stressful event such as a driving test, exam or a speech to make, then maybe some visualization work might help.

How long is a session?

A group visualization session lasts an hour and a half. I allow some time after we have completed the visualization for the group to talk about the experience and ask any questions. A one-to-one session would last an hour, again allowing some time at the end to talk about the experience.

What do I need to bring with me?

Just yourself and your curiosity!

If you would like to experience a visualization session with me either as an individual or as a group, please contact me.

wa7edmenelnass
06-29-2009, 04:15 AM
Gamed GDN
Thnaks a lot ya Man :D