المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Converting Access Forms to WinForms or WPF

C# Programming
06-19-2009, 11:30 PM
First question. (Please don't hit me just because I'm stupid.) http://www.barakasoft.com/script/Forums/Images/smiley_sigh.gif

I have a short-deadline (90-day) assignment to convert an almost-working Access 2000 application to C#.net. The application has fifty forms, covered with fiddly little fields that have to be precisely aligned. I am relatively inexperienced in C# .Net development, but I have learned the basics, and have completed several applications of a complexity similar to this assignment. The job is easily achievable within the time limit if the forms don't have to be drawn, but for me to draw them to an acceptable quality will take at least 90% of the time available for the project. Plumbing the code behind the forms holds little terror for me, and can be done easily within the time limit.

Here's the question: Does anyone know of existing software (Codeproject article, other article, commercial software, shareware) that can convert MSAccess 2000 forms to the Visual Studio .Net environment? Retaining the names of the objects would be nice, but not necessary, all I really need is the wireframes of the forms with the objects in their prior spatial arrangement. The development platform is XP.

Searching the web, EvolutionOne seemed to offer hope that I could do a three-cornered MSAccess>VB.Net>C#.Net kludge, but drilling down to their demo software found their website hollow. Looks like they died about 2002.

My bosses are willing to spend up to about 500 (US$)for a product that can do this with a short learning curve. Particularly when faced with the costs of hiring a squad of temporary mouse-wranglers to draw the hateful forms within the time allotted.

Any sensible suggestions will be regarded with gratitude.

"To do is to be." [Descartes]
"To be is to do." [Voltaire]
"Do be do be do..."[Frank Sinatra]