المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : New project startup questions

C# Programming
08-24-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm starting a new project and just had a few questions. Please excuse me if these seem trivial, but I have just recently taken on programming in Windows as a career. Although, I know more than enough to be dangerous.

1. This project is set to be complete Feb 1. VS2010 should be out by then. Should I used the beta version now to develop with or use VS2008 and upgrade the project when it comes out?

2. This project is porting our current application written in VB6 to C#. Are there any methods, best practices, or tools that might be helpful or make the transition easier?

3. I'd like to use WPF just because it seems like the new front end for MS, plus I like all new graphical features it brings to the table. I've been hearing a lot about if you're using WPF you should consider MVVM. Is it worth implementing MVVM now or is it something that can be done later? I realize it's always better to do it now, but I don't know much about it (although I have bookmarked Sacha Barber's articles). I don't want to jeopardize the release date for something that will not affect the user or functionality of the machine (it's an automated tooling machine). I've got several user controls that I need to update as well. Some of them are very fancy user input controls. Should this affect my decision?

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Brad

Deja Moo - When you feel like you've heard the same bull before.