المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : C# with Ms Access , Crystal Reports and Windows Application.

C# Programming
03-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi,

I am not pretty sure whether this is the exact forum for my question, so if I am in the wrong one..I am sorry..!

My problem :

I am developing a Windows Application in C# and I have to play around with Crystal Reports. This would be my first DesktopApplication and I am really messing around. I am though fond of Web Applications.

My application requires a MsAccess Database file and A crystal Report.This database file is to be kept in a shared ********, from where it has to be accessed.
For calling reports, I don't know how to set path. As of now I am setting the actual local path of the report on my machine where I am developing the code.. [@"C:\blah\blah\report1.rpt"] and setting this file in the
reportDocument.Load(path) event.

How should I go about it for setting this path as dynamic. I tried using server.mappath but there is no such method supported.How should I load report from a dynamic path into reportDocument..?

Is there any other way out??

Also can I store both the crystal report files and Ms Access file, in one ******** and access it from my application..? Is this possible..?

How should be the database file / connection string set for accessing the .mdb file on the shared folder..??

I am new to this publishing method.. so if someone can throw some light on the same ,so that I can run .exe file on any machine and can access the .mdb file from the shared server.

Do post example path setting..!!

Cheers..

Jimish