المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Properties window not updating when selecting control in designer

C# Programming
11-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Hello,

I have an odd problem. I have a couple of UserControls in my project, and a bunch of instances of them on my Form (with TabPages and other containers to avoid too much clutter). For the most part everything has been fine, but today I tried to modify the definition of one of the UserControls, and whenever I make that control visible on the form (i.e. switch to the TabPage containing it), I can only select controls on my Form from the drop-down list in the Properties page. If I try to click on the control in the designer, the Properties page does not update to show the selection. If I make any changes in the Properties page, those changes affect the last control that was properly selected. If I switch to a different TabPage or hide the control, then everything works fine again.

All I have done to the UserControl definition is remove some properties that I don't need anymore and add a couple of new ones. All the references in my project have been updated and it compiles just fine.

Any ideas? An hour or so of Googling has failed me today (unless my keywords aren't quite right). I've already tried restarting Visual Studio, restarting my computer, reverting to previous versions of the project (previous versions work until I start messing with the control definition), and someone had suggested deleting the contents of C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Visual Studio\versionNumber.

I am using VS2005 on XP Pro SP2.

Thanks,

Dybs.

The shout of progress is not "Eureka!" it's "Strange... that's not what i expected". - peterchen