المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : MFC vs C++/CLI

C++ Programming
01-24-2010, 04:40 AM
I'm working on an application that will be used to program an external hardware item via the USB port. In addition I am going to allow remote access via the internet to my program. That way the hardware can be programmed remotely.

I have the USB working locally and am ready to start the remote access code. I have done remote access in the past so it won't be any big deal to implement.

But now the customer has decided they want the application to be written in C++/CLI. The main reason is they like the looks of Windows Forms. They also like the idea of the child form being locked inside the parent form and the way graphics can be displayed. I could probably do the same thing in MFC with some extra work.

I haven't done any C++/CLI programming. I have 3 questions. Will USB and Windows Sockets be relatively easy to implement using C++/CLI? And is there a long learning curve for C++/CLI. If I use C++/CLI how much trouble will it be for the end user to install the application? With MFC I would just send them a statically linked exe file and there wouldn't be any installation.

Comments, suggestions?