المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : How to organize MFC project directory structure - main and DLL programs?

C++ Programming
03-08-2010, 02:51 AM
I am developing an application ( ham radio) which is getting out of hand as far as number of files.
I would like to split it into a main program and dll's and see if it can be better managed.
I like to keep my development it separate directories - each with its own supporting sub directories.
For example I keep “Archive” sub directory of last few copies of my program – just in case I goof - up, which I frequently do.
So I tried DLL and found out that all the code samples people use are always copying the resulting files into the parent application directory – and things get back to a mess.
On top of that I use my least favorite application - Visual Source Safe- and it got into the act and refused to “access” DLL .h file without coping it into the parent directory also.
The result – even if parent and DLL are set as dependent project in workspace – adding function into DLL does not change the include file copied by VSS. ( I know it does not make much sense, but..)
So, anybody has a real life example how to organize “big” project as far as old faithful DOS directories structure?
I did try full path in DLL #include file , but that would probably get even messier down the line.
And the compiler did not like full path for the DLL library either.

Any constructive suggestions are as always appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Vaclav