المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : HELP! Windows Services

C# Programming
07-09-2010, 02:51 AM
Hi All,

I am using the XYNTServices example I found here. If I start the Service with everything using local computer resources it works great. However, I want to be able to place the log file it creates on a server rather then the local computer. Does anyone out there know how to accomplish this? I have tried mapping the server resource to a drive letter, I have tried using the complete IP address to the resource folder and I have tried using the \\servername\folder\folder\logfile.log None of which have worked! So any information on how this can be made to work would be greatly appreciated. Oh almost forgot if I use the \\IPAddress\folder\folder\logfile.log in this case it does in fact create the log file on the server, but then the windows service won't start. I keep getting the "Could not start the MyWinService service on Local Computer."
"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." Both statements without quotes of course. So the only change is to the path of the log file. Again ANY help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Charlie
Everything is Free... Until You Have to Pay for it...

Platforms Windows 2000/XP Professional using Visual C++ 6.0 Visual Studio 2005