المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Comparing various algorithms to convert GPS-coordinates to 2D-coordinates

C# Programming
08-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Hi all,

I have been given the task to compare various algorithms that convert GPS-coordinates to 2D-coordinates (on a local map, for example the college building).

First of all I think the "algorithm" term is used a bit loosely, it probably won't be just one algorithm but the combination of UTM (Transverse Mercator), WGS84 (geodetic system) and then probably converting to cartesian coordinates ?

I need some help with this because I don't really know where to start on this one. My aim is to build a commandline tool in C# where I can measure the precision of the "algorithm" and the time covered for the result to be calculated. The researcher that gave me the assignment said that I had to look which "algorithms" where the most precise and which were the fastest (to look if it was possible to use it in realtime).

Another question: How do I calculate how precise the result is ? For this you would need to have the precise coordinates to compare the results of the "algorithm" with right ?

I'm sorry if I'm talking jibberish or I should've prepared more myself, but I'm a bit clueless at this point. I don't necessairily need someone to make this but I would like some tips or some clearing up from people who have dealt with this before.

Thanks in advance.