المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Working with multiple values in one field in an Access database

C# Programming
05-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I have a Microsoft Access 2007 database which stores all the necessary data for my application. The person who designed the database, my plant's manager, mentioned in the past (and is still considering) the ability to select multiple "repair codes" for each record. I know that with Access you can create a field which allows multiple values.

The table containing repair codes has the following fields:

ID (unique ID; auto-generated/incremented)
Code (e.g. "Replaced Front Panel")
Cost (currently uses a default value; not significant here)

In the "Repairs" table there is a field which is linked to the Repair Codes table, called "Repair Code." My manager would like the ability to select more than one code from the "Repair Codes" table, in the respective field inside the "Repairs" table.

How would I go about reading and writing multiple values for the field when dealing with records in the "Repairs" table?

I apologize if I did not elaborate well. :-P

Thanks,
Matt U.

------------- EDIT -------------

I forgot to mention that I have played around with the multiple values in Access itself. I know that when you select multiple values, the field's value will display (in Access) as "1, 3, 8" and so forth (or whichever column you tell it to show). Is there anything special I need to do in order to read each value? I can piece together how to ADD multiple values if I know how to SELECT them. http://www.barakasoft.com/script/Forums/Images/smiley_smile.gif