ÇáãÓÇÚÏ ÇáÔÎÕí ÇáÑÞãí

ãÔÇåÏÉ ÇáäÓÎÉ ßÇãáÉ : What exactly is “External Dependencies” as used in MFC DLL wizard?

C++ Programming
05-20-2013, 12:53 AM
I am building my first real DLL. I am using DirectShow “Base Classes” library to build a custom DirectShow filter based on sample code from DirectShow SDK.However, this is not DirectShow question.

I managed to build VC 6.0 DLL, however, the problem is that it builds “External Dependencies” - in this case basetsd.h taken from the original VC6.0 installation which is now hopelessly inadequate for this application.
My basic question to the gurus here – what exactly is “External Dependencies” as used in MFC DLL (VC6.0) wizard? Is is similar to “additional include / library links? So far I cannot see it in command line.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and if such thing exists in later MS IDE please let me know and I'll look for it there. But from my recent experience I am reluctant to download any VS after 6.0!
Cheers Vaclav

Addendum:
Here is MSDN 2001 definition:

Note The External Dependencies folder lists files that are not part of the project but that are needed to build the project. You can add a file to the project by simply dragging it from the External Dependencies folder to any of the project folders, or to any top-level project node.

So, it means that "standard" "include" path is used to load the OLD "basetsd.h".
I guess I'll modify the original basetsd.h to make things fly.