End Google Ads 201810 - BS.net 01 --> I want to write some trace messages to a text file. The same methods could be called in different places. So, if I have something like method A calls B calls C calls B calls E calls C calls D, E, F, I'd like my trace file to show an indentation like this (assume the full stop implies a space character):

A
.B
..C
...B
....E
.....C
......D
......E
......F

Edit: I forgot to mention there's no recursion and the calls to C might not even get called, that sort of thing.

So, method C is called in different places and I'd like to reflect the "depth" where its called from. An old trick is to have a global variable that you increment/decrement but that's really messy. It's not essential that I do what I'd like but it would make the trace file easier to read if things are indented. I know it's a daft question with a limited shelf-life but if anyone does know a quick trick that'd do it for me, I'd be happy to test it.

Tks.
If there is one thing more dangerous than getting between a bear and her cubs it's getting between my wife and her chocolate.