End Google Ads 201810 - BS.net 01 --> Are integration tests worth the trouble?

I personally don't like integration tests, or at least not when they're mixed in with unit tests. They are much more costly than unit tests and their benefit seems to be minimal. There was a time when I had to write lots of them for legacy code. They were complicated, took ages to write, forever breaking, very hard to fix and took ages to run. As far as I can see, if you have good unit tests, then the only real benefit is verifying that the IoC container is configured correctly and the config is passed through correctly. All of these things will get picked up by minimal manual or automated UI tests anyway.

The time they take to execute is a bit of an issue for. I like to do TDD and like to run all tests after most changes. This isn't practical with Integration tests as they take too long to execute, so I then need to find the test(s) I want to execute and choose those instead of just using a keyboard shortcut. Does anybody know a good way of separating them?

Does anybody know a better place for doing these kind of tests ie. no in MSTest or NUnit?