End Google Ads 201810 - BS.net 01 --> Hello everybody

I have finished (atleast I thought so) an advanced version of WordPad with includes heaps more features, and I only have one problem; The File Association works like a charm on my computer, but never on other computers. There are no debug errors or exceptions. After installing my program (with the installer that gets made from the Visual Studio C# IDE), I right-click a textfile and try to find my program through the 'Open with...' dialog. But, to my surprise, my program is nowhere to be found. The only instances of my program I can find are these silly little Application Reference files!

I tried these, but that's when I get the Invalid win32 app error. I got the EXE File of m y program from my debug folder and placed it on the desktop of another pc and selected it from within the Open with dialog and it worked!

But, I cannot expect anybody who wishes to use my programs that I make to do all of this work. Is it possible to make the Visual Studio IDE create proper EXE files instead of these application reference files when it installs my software? ...I hope I haven't put anybody to sleep. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I would greatly appreciate any help at all.

Regards,
Jay.

modified on Saturday, May 9, 2009 9:26 AM